The first building on this site was a church built in 1840. After it was consumed by fire in 1851, a second church was erected in 1865, and it remains largely unchanged to this date.
In 1965, with waning church membership, the property was donated to the Lamoille County Civic Association, which has operated it continuously as a senior center.
An important feature of the building is the town clock, which was donated to the Town of Morristown by Samuel Pennock in 1883. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the church bells served as the fire alarm for the Morrisville Fire Department. Electric lights were installed in 1895.
The steeple is the highest point in the village and immediately visible to people coming into the downtown. The clock tower was fully refurbished in 2013.